Friday, November 16, 2007

We go to the State Fair of Texas

I had to wait three weeks for our schedules to allow us to go.

My print, Veracruz Dancers, won second place at the State Fair of Texas in the photojournalism category.

It was hanging behind a glass case in the Arts & Crafts center at the State Fair.

Meanwhile, I am thinking about going semi-pro. I submitted some photos only on a website where photographers can display and sell their photos. I got a nice phone call from the agent who asked me if anyone else was acting as my agent. They wanted to market my images!

The other day, I broke out my Muvee software and created two "shows". I uploaded two versions to YouTube.com and you can now click on the link at top left to see my YouTube trip to Las Vega$.
I entered a photo in the Plano Photo Club photojournalism photo contest and won honorable mention for one of the print.
The other print got a score of 11, which placed it just outside of HM.
The HM image was of a potter I photographed at a market in Croyden, south of London England. I named it English Pottery.
It was shot with my old Nikon CoolPix 5700, 5.1 megapixel camera.
The other picture, I named Protected Music. I found this image while walking on Burbon Street, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Several kookey Zydeco players were playing in the middle of the street. The dog seem to be protecting the musical instruments from all "threats".






No comments: